Saturday, May 22, 2010

Last day of Soccer and Seasoned Saints Spoiled Dessert


Today was the last game of the season for our four year old granddaughter. You have never experienced the full gamut of soccer until you have seen the four year olds play! It was high humidity and upper 70's. There were red faces every place we turned as they raced up and down the field.
The game was followed by a party in the park with cupcakes and trophys! High living.

This morning I should have had my camera ready. I decided to perfect a recipe for mocha cheesecake. I had prepared the filling just right. I went to get the chocolate crumb crust from the pantry. It had one of those plastic covers. As I was beginning to carefully lift the cover I realized a couple flower petals had fallen on the plastic when it was on the counter earlier in the week. I stepped to the sink to shake the petals off so they would not fall into the crust when I lifted the plastic. BAM! when I tipped the pan, I had lifted the plastic just enough that half the crust fell out into the dishwater! I was so surprised!! I had to drain the dishwater as it was no longer fit to clean anything with half a crumb crust in it. I had no chocolate crumbs to make another crust. There was nothing to do but store the filling until I bought another crust from the store. So instead of SHARING the cheesecake at Seasoned Saints dinner group this evening, Bob and I now have an entire mocha cheesecake to ourselves! THESE are the times I wish Dan and Betty lived closer to help eat this up! Any neighbors reading this, come on over!

We had a lovely dinner recently at Andy's Mediterranean. This is Bob standing at the entrance. The owner gifted him with an extra lamb kabob. I had my usual chicken dish with yogurt (which, I just realized, I cannot spell) :-)
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. the cheese cake is almost too good to share!!

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.