Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not of this world

I often share feelings with a friend about knowing this is not our home. Aliens on earth, passing through. This morning was rainy and then it rained some more, and then there was a downpour. I had to return a book to the library in Batavia. As I drove away after jumping out in the rain (in my trusty Cabela's raincoat) I noticed something alien in the middle of the street. About 6 inches long and looking VERY out of place.


I turned around in the next intersection and snapped these photos. Where was this crayfish going? Where had he come from? When he began to approach the storm sewer he turned back towards the middle of Third Street! Sort of made me wonder how many other alien species live in the village! Gave my morning a "What's up with that?" moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just out for a walk on a rainy day which I guess is perfect for a crayfish.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime we get a good rain we have crayfish end up on our front porch. The dogs have a blast with them.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.