Friday, September 21, 2012

Reading Debbie Macomber

I was given a book by Debbie Macomber with two stories in it; "Bride Wanted" and "Groom Wanted." I about put it down halfway through the first story. She does not write in a style I am accustomed to and her sexual innuendoes were making me uncomfortable. I persevered and had to admit at the end of the first story that it was pretty good. I plunged into the second story and it was lighter on the sexual stuff. I was almost finished with it a few days later and asked myself, "Why am I reading this?" Rarely do I read a book without it having some meaning to me, even if that meaning is not clear at first.
 
Saw a friend at movie night at church and finally met her fiancée after hearing about him for a while. They were sweet in their maturing adult romance. Then I had a call from another friend about an acquaintance he had recentlly renewed. He referred to himself as "Twitterpated."
TWITTERPATED:
1) to be completely enamored with someone/something.

2) the flighty exciting feling you get when you think about/see the object of your affection.

3) romantically (ahem)excited (i.e.: aroused)

4) the ever increasing acceleration of heartbeat and body temperature as a result of being engulfed amidst the exhilaration and joy of being/having a romantic entity in someone's life.

As I pondered and prayed about this change in his life I rejoiced over the work of the Lord in sending him to call someone he had not contacted for over 12 years, and finding himself blown away by her. I knew why I was to read Debbie's book. We celebrate 42 years of marriage next week, and this book helped refresh my memory of how it feels to be newly in love.
 
May the next decades with my husband be as twitterpated as our first was! I love you, Bob!

2 comments:

  1. I am twiterpated just thinking of our first meeting many years ago and our next in a few hours. thank you my love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch it you two. Too much twitterpating can be hard on the heart.

    Just kidding. Blessings and many more years for you both.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.