Friday, September 14, 2012

Dance!

Remember when I wrote about Rumi and David Crowder Band? I have just been reading Margaret Silf's book "Getting to The Heart of Ignatius of Loyola." Here is an exceprt:
"Let me lift those spirits for you.” He grinned. And then, to my complete amazement, he started to dance! He performed a fantastic Basque dance, right there in my apartment, just for me. I felt my depression lifting and a lighthearted joy returning. By the time he had finished his performance, we were both laughing.
“I did that once for someone who was making the Exercises and got a bit low,” he said. “It’s not something I am in the habit of doing, but, after all, we do both follow the Lord of the Dance.”
Also Bought Mary Englebriet notes that say "When in Doubt, Twirl!" I see a pattern developing here!
 
I have been twirling since last Monday when the Doctor said I could discontinue use of the brace except on "pain days" and when doing heavy work. Been trying to keep myself in the discipline of the physical therapy. Hard when you feel you do not HAVE to, but if I went full use and less swelling and pain I DO HAVE TO.
 
I'm at the Convent tonight for the "Reunion" day of prayer with the women from the August retreat all day Saturday. Please pray for the team to have wisdom and insight regarding how best to meet their needs and provide them with a new tool to use in their recovery.
 
And keep twirling!

2 comments:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.