Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Stillness

I wanted to post a video or recording of Ever Flowing, but I could only find the lyrics on-line. Here they are.
EVER FLOWING (M. Wiederkehr, V. Frye)

O, ever-changing God, protect us from congealing,
Ever flowing, ever flowing, ever flowing, ever flowing.
‘Til we flow into a Sacred Stream,
‘Til we flow into that Eternal Drink which is You.

Then pour us back into the world and let the flowing begin again,

And again, and again, and again.  

 
One of the hardest things to do during painful events such as I have been experiencing is to be still. In 1989 I wrote:


Pray that I don't panic
Pray I can be still
Pray that I will find God
in the midst of being ill.

This song written by Velma Frye in collaboration with Macrina Wiederkehr is a reminder of how restorative that silence and stillness can be. Hope you enjoy it!


1 comment:

  1. Life is a flow, sometimes ebbing and sometimes flooding, but always a flow.

    Good post.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.