Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pain Journal continued

When I began the draft for this post I was still waiting for the cortisone injection treatment. The fibro flare continued unabated. The Lidocaine patches numb the area for a while, but the nerve pain begins again almost as soon as I must remove the patch for 12 hours. Recently we saw the IMAX movie about the Hubble Telescope. The video that was used with this song reminds me of that. When I use this song for worship I apply it more on a personal relationship basis, rather than the vast expanse of the universe. The song works, either way, to bring me out of myself and back to His grace and mercy.


And now, after the first injection and waiting to experience its effects, I will be scheduled for another as the pain is still present, though not as debilitating. I continue to need worship songs to keep my focus upon the Eternal and not on myself. And, amazingly enough, pain or no pain the universe continues in its orbits. The sun rises, the moon rises and each set in their due course. The seasons change and the Lord expects me to invite Him into every situation and challenge I face. He who created the universe surely cares for each of us. Trust Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. He will not disappoint you.

1 comment:

  1. A hard post to read and I'm sure it was a hard post to write. Thanks for sharing.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.