Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flying Daffodils



Every spring we are blessed when the daffodils planted each autumn, sprout and bloom. This year has been especially rewarding after the cold and snowy winter! There have been nights of 27 degrees since they bloomed and the flowers are still going strong.
More challenging is trying to capture on film one of my favorite memories. I was standing at the kitchen sink in spring probably washing dishes or cooking.The Goldfinch had just begun to molt and I startled for a moment when I was certain there was a daffodil flying towards me! Instead, it was a male goldfinch, molting to his summer colors, flying toward the feeder. With the bright daffodils on the hill, it was easy to imagine a flying daffodil.
May your spring be filled with such wonders! Look at the top of the feeder post. You might have to double click on the photo to actually see the bird.
Funny, it did not show up on the download as needing cropping! :-(





This guy shows the mottled colors where his molt is not yet complete.












I used actual film, too. When the photos are developed I might share more! Thanks for reading along. Molly D.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. We don't have any colors like that in our birds out here.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.