Wednesday, July 22, 2009




The Cincinnati Nature Center brings lovely seasonal flowers into my pondering. On a recent visit the “Resurrection Lily” (also known as “Naked Ladies”) was blooming right next to where I parked the car. I noticed the delicate pink blossoms first. And then the unopened buds caught my eye. They are brighter in color, some were still tightly closed.

I positioned for a better photo.

There were a few buds, not quite as tall as those now blooming. These buds were barely beyond the green covering and displaying the darkest tint of all.

Closer inspection brought a photo of only the buds,

barely opened, if the others had not already been blooming it would have been impossible to tell exactly what the flower would look like. I suddenly was impressed with the thought,And so it is with your life and your future, Molly Lin. Though your body is aging your future might be just lovely!”


Luke 12: 27 -32 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you--you of little faith! And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, strive for His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. "Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”

I tried to argue with the notion, but this sort of wisdom endures beyond all my arguments. My prayer this day is “Have Your own way in me, Lord. Forgive me for the sins of worry, fear, and projection into the future. Help me to trust You, more Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.