Sunday, June 14, 2009



This past week I went strawberry picking with Emily, Ellie, Lizzie and various friends and neighbors of theirs. As you can see the berries were lush and ready to eat! All this time we have wondered if it had to be so hot or why there was so much rain, and unbeknownst to us a wonderful crop of berries were growing for us to pick and eat! For about $1.25 a pound we filled our paper trays and ate our fill before leaving the field. Then processing berries and choosing what pie filling to make took up a part of my day. Emily made her pie with sugar. I chose the Splenda route. Hers tasted better! Many people said the season was over, but we had a blast and there were certainly more berries present than we could pick. A fruitful time for all!
The girls and I braided long clover flower stems while we waited for Emily to finish up her picking. Hopefully we made some sweet memories together!

1 comment:

  1. I love picking strawberries and eating them of course. The strawberry pie sounds great.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.