Friday, April 12, 2013

WHERE SHE GO !?!?

Recently, Rowan was in the car with us. I asked Bob to drop me off at the grocery while he ran Rowan home. When I got out of the car and told Rowan goodbye he began to cry. About a block later he demanded to know from Bob, "Where she go?!" Bob was startled to hear him declare an almost sentence!
 
 
The saying goes that misery loves company. The physicians are practicing their medical arts upon me. While they practice I am the guinea pig for their experiments. They decided the company for itching misery should be removal of all medications and over the counter vitamins and supplements. MAYBE one of those is responsible for the itching?? The misery of an itching body has been joined by a body in pain. Tonight I am down to one capsule of a drug that effects my brain chemistry for pain relief. After one or two nights, no more of that one.
 
To ad insult to injury the weather burst into spring with highs in the low 80's (which pretty well killed off the early daffodils). The forecast the next two nights is low in the 30's. If my body reacts as it has during the past 15 years, chronic pain and osteoarthritic symptoms may soon rule me. I will be the one asking "Where she go!?" Or I might be mumbling @#(*@$^(*$&!&^!_(*$&#!!!
 
I have been told not to think this way. Hum, when you are 62 years old, have had a chronic pain condition for over 20 years and developed osteoarthritis in that time too, well, I am not thinking myself into a bad state. These are physical facts I live with. If the Lord would like to heal me right now, He knows I am ready and eager for His touch. Barring that, He has assured me I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.
 
So I guess 'Scratching Agony' should be my current moniker? I am on drugs that are supposed to either stop the itching or make me so I am not so anxious about itching. We are now into month #3 since I reached the point I could not stand this and sought medical help. If you count the coping on my own we are in month #4.
 
In the parking lot at Sam's today another woman and I agreed that the younger generation has NO IDEA what they are in for! Growing old is Not for sissies!
 

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.